Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Days!

On Thursday, Dallas got about a foot of snow- breaking their all time record for the most snowfall in a 24 hour period. The weather totally knows I'm here.  The previous record was like 7 inches or something back in the 1960s. All of this to say…I learned how to drive in the snow on the way to work that morning, got to go home at 1 and had Friday off! Hello 3, almost 4, day weekend!

1.  I went for a little snowy adventure - so here are some pictures of everything within 50 feet of my apartment, covered in snow.


2. I learned that people who grow up in places where the weather does more than just be extremely hot don’t let the cold, rain, snow, or anything else get in the way of their getting dressed up ever so cutely. They just wear trendy sweaters and shawls, tights, and boots that I know for a fact cost more than my rent.

3. On rainy days it is 100% allowed to wear Wellingtons to work. Good thing I bought some in Arizona when I had absolutely no use for them. I’ve already worn them twice here.

4. I worked a wedding last weekend at The Mansion on Turtle Creek. So so SOOoO pretty! A bunch of pew-markers got left in my car so I have flowers all over my apartment!

5. The mother of the bride brought us sugar cookies from this cute little bakery.  It's so bad that I don't have someone to share them with!  I've already had WAY too many.


6. I finished a painting. This was trial number 2…the first one was super-duper ugly.


7. I did my “mending”. My grandmother would be so proud of me…for actually doing it, and also for using that word. Mending. I like it.

8. Fixed, altered, accessorized, whatever you’d like to call it- a pair of boots I bought a year ago and haven’t worn because they looked weird. Well not.any.more!

9. Took pictures of my Sea-Monkeys because I know you all are DyiNG to know what they look like. The one in the picture is the fatty cannibal, and he still looks small.


10.  Went dancing and to the Aquarium with new friends!  So fun!

3 comments:

  1. You have done more in your month in Dallas than I did living there for 6+ years (well, I had 2 babies and I don't want you to do that in your short time in TX... but I think you get the point). Good on 'ya! You should hit up the American Girl Store if you want to be Kara's hero for life.. I think it's at North Park (which is on par with Scottsdale Fashion Square for sure). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY pictures from Callie!!! Snow looks fun but not something I would want to dress for or drive in :) So here is a blog idea for you . . . "day in the life of Callie" - we could see where you live, where you work . . . come on - throw me a bone here! miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So why don't we get a picture of the new trendy boots you accessorized? And what did you mend?

    ReplyDelete