Tuesday, April 13, 2010

HomeFood Sickness


You would have had this post a little sooner, but I realized I posted it on my school blog, instead of the one you all read.  I really hope today wasn't the day my internship lady at ASU decided to check my blog, because I can only imagine she would have been less than amused (especially at the first paragraph).  Whoops!  I'm quickly trying to learn how to un-post a blog!

Original Blog Post:

I’m starting to get “Short-Timer’s Syndrome” as my dad calls it.  I only have 4 weeks left at my internship and then I’m homeward bound for two weeks.  I a little bit want to cut out of my internship a week early so I can have more of a break before I start at Southwest, but I don’t know responsible that would be of me.  

I'm not so much getting homesick- but I am anxious to go for a visit, catch up, do all of those things, but mostly I'm excited to eat!  Usually, deciding what I'm going to eat is a chore for me.  I guess it's not really just a chore- one of my worst fears is being a mom and having to decide what's for dinner EVERY night.  ughh...  Nonetheless, I can stop thinking about Arizona and all of the things I haven’t eaten in 4, soon to be 5, months!   

Top Ten things I’m going to eat when I get to Arizona:

10. Some real Chinese Food.  I don’t know why, but there aren’t hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurants in every shopping center in Texas like there are in Arizona.  They have Pei Wei and Panda Express here, but those are like authentic imitations of the real thing. 
9. Golden Spoon.  I actually plan on having this a few times….  Keeping my fingers crossed that New York Cheesecake will be on the menu. Maybe someone can put in a special request for me!
8. Ol’ Joes for Taco Night.  75 cent tacos and karaoke in a small town every Monday night- who could ask for more.
7. Pita Jungle. Hummus and honey glazed chicken lavosh pizza.  Yes, Please!
6. Oregano’s for Pasta, Pizza, and Pazooki! 
5. Ajo Al’s.  My heart really does belong to Al.  He knows just how to make a girl swoon with chicken burritos, quesadillas, chips, salsa…I could go on and on, but I think you get it.  I love Al.
4. Dairy Queen- I hear there are a few in Dallas, but I haven’t seen a single one.  Can you believe that!?!  You can get Blizzard-Like treats with Reese’s in them at Sonic, but it’s just not the same.
3.  Los Taquitos- Traditionally food for Tuesdays, but I will eat street tacos every single day of the week.  We were loyal customers long before they were famous.  Diner? No…. Drive in? No again….. Only leaves one DELICIOUS category!
2. Gram’s chocolate chip pancakes.  It’s a must.  No one can make them like she can.  Secret ingredient: Love!
1.  Sunday lunch with the fam.  I'm trying to work it so I can get two of these in, but there might only be time for one.   Sad day.

Anyways- I'm not sure how I am possibly going to be able to eat all of this in the time of two short weeks.  Guess I'll have to get creative.  Maybe I'll stop eating now in preparation for the AZ Overload!

4 comments:

  1. I want to join you for #8, 2, and 1. Even though im not family, I love your family sunday(or any day) meals! and Gram's pancakes, your right, no one can beat them! And Ol'Joes just for old times sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I pretty much love all of those things. Unless Sunday dinner is roast, in which case i'll gladly pass. Yuck!!! Can;t wait for you to come home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what the problem is in DFW and dining out?? Too many chains.. The FW side has more Dairy Queens.. but the small towns in TX are where the DQs are most easily found, for sure. I can relate to planning out the eating out before making a trip to AZ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Save Oreganos for me. :) Also, no DQ in Tx? Wierd.

    ReplyDelete